Monday, June 19, 2017

Love is fickle

Sometimes the title evades me till I finish. Sometimes it leads me.

I take people at face value. Actions have always spoken louder than words and people can never hide their actions. Now we aren’t leaving words out of the equation because what people say weighed against what they do always gives a sum value. When that value is a negative then that person will do nothing but bring you down in the end. Never lash your boat to theirs.

Now with all the metaphors and mystical writing out of the way I can reflect on my ex and why our son tells everyone she died when he was young. He was strong enough to accept what she was and find a way to go forward with his head high and purpose strong.

I have a good friend who by all accounts is killing himself slowly and has no intent on stopping but denies it with all his strength. I have grown tired of telling him this and have decided to loosen the lashings enough to let him drift when the time comes. Some people refuse to hear the truth and that is fine.

Seeing the future is an art. It doesn’t always come through clearly and the way we choose to interpret it can be influenced by emotions. Love is fickle.....

2 comments:

  1. I don't know the story of you and your ex. If it was told, it was in a time or place known only to you and the hearers of the tale, so of course I cannot speak on that. What I DO know is based on what I have seen through your WORDS, you have and continue to be a wonderful father to that young man of yours and I think that besides his own inherent strength and good character, he has become the man he is today because of the man who is his father.

    I will agree with you on the rest of your words here. There are times when you have to loosen the ties with a person for a variety of reasons. I've done it personally and people have loosed the ties with me. One thing is for sure, if I ever start to affect a person negatively in any way, I Want them to step away, because I am not a person who wants to cause harm, or pain, or negativity to anyone.

    Love is indeed fickle, especially romantic love, but there is a love that doesn't change with the wind, and that is the kind of love I hope to give to people who cross my path, or walk along beside me.

    Sorry if this comment was too long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your comments are never too long....I just wish I got some notice that you comment...I always have to return to find out...

      Delete